Cardo or Sena?

Let's keep this section for moto-talk only folks.

Moderators: Fanny Fligurl, NinjaMama, Officers

Chill
CU Supporter

Cardo or Sena?

#1 Post by Chill » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Hello lovely ladies.

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these things. Do any of you own one?
"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
-- Josh Billings

I just NEED to know!
**just call me Chill**

tara_marie
Road Captain

Re: Cardo or Sena?

#2 Post by tara_marie » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:56 pm

I have a Sena 30k, I like it. I did have to get the HD speakers to improve volume level a bit.

Raiko002
Prospect

#3 Post by Raiko002 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:45 pm

I rock the Cardo, but I don't use the speakers. I have custom earbuds that I cut to a shorter length and use foam tips on the end to give me a good wind seal while still getting music. The cord length is short enough that I can easily connect it to the cardo and tuck it after putting my putting my helmet on. I used to have a Sena before this. Honestly you can't go wrong with either and just recommend if you plan on using it for communicating to figure out who you ride most with so you can get the same ones. The mesh technology on both is hands down clearer than the Bluetooth connections and once you use it going back to Bluetooth isn't the same.

BigSky
Contributing Member

#4 Post by BigSky » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:45 am

Agree with Raiko that both brands are good!

Thing is, I have found it difficult to pair Sena-to-Cardo... so I went with the brand that most of my friends use: which is Sena.

Also you have to read this hilarious description for a "dynamic" meetup group, you'll be able to join once you get a comm system! lol

https://www.meetup.com/Sena-and-Cardo-B ... ike-Rides/
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

Raiko002
Prospect

#5 Post by Raiko002 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Connecting Bluetooth between the two brands is a pain. I dont think it's even possible to use the mesh system between the two

BigSky
Contributing Member

#6 Post by BigSky » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:21 am

PS I would love to connect CU leads and sweeps more often, it would be helpful! And you guys could warn me about cops and stuff. :)
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

Fanny Fligurl
President

#7 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am

BigSky wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:21 am
PS I would love to connect CU leads and sweeps more often, it would be helpful! And you guys could warn me about cops and stuff. :)
I concur, Jen. The club actually owns 6-8 Chatterboxes, and used to pair our leads/sweeps back in the day (before these amazing digital formats were available). The old tech was mostly line-of-sight, so although the principal and intention was sound, the real-life execution wasn't very helpful. With our 501(c)(3) status, I suspect we could look into a group purchase for these puppies. Will spark a thread in Admin...

Good stuff Rachelle!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Raiko002
Prospect

#8 Post by Raiko002 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm

I also would love to be connected whenever sweeping or leading, so long as which ever sets we end up going with allows me to continue to use my own ear buds instead of the supplied in helmet speakers I'll be happy. The convenience of communicating while moving is so huge when the lead is focused eyes front and doesn't have a solid grasp of what's going on behind

Tippitoes
Prospect

#9 Post by Tippitoes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:43 pm

I have Sena and I like it.
Vanessa.

Chill
CU Supporter

#10 Post by Chill » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Thank you all for chiming in.

I remember talk about chatterboxes but never got the chance to use them. Supposedly the mesh system is a much better connector for long distance spreads using people in the middle as a springboard.

So you know what this means...I need both! lol. I don't have many riding buddies in my area yet (yet I say...yet :obscene-drinkingcheers:) and I really want something. I may pick up a used one on craigslist or something for now until things change.

Wouldn't it be nice if the leads and sweeps could finally talk to each other. Then again, you'd have annoying hang arounds who think because they used to be a member they can always chime in without being solicited...Wait, that's me! ;-)

And still, the thought blows my mind! :dance:
"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
-- Josh Billings

I just NEED to know!
**just call me Chill**

Motomom
Emerita

#11 Post by Motomom » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:18 am

Chill wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if the leads and sweeps could finally talk to each other. Then again, you'd have annoying hang arounds who think because they used to be a member they can always chime in without being solicited...Wait, that's me! ;-)
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Db2512
Prospect

#12 Post by Db2512 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:39 am

I have cardo, but I’m open to other ideas- David doesn’t pair with me anyway lol