When in doubt slow down.

Let's keep this section for moto-talk only folks.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

When in doubt slow down.

#1 Post by CrashDummy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:52 pm

I read this in an old CHP news letter. The title is "New Driving Laws Take Effect In 2005". Maybe they are still current laws.

Speed Violations. AB2237,Parra). This new law provides for a fine of up to $750 for a second conviction within three years for driving in excess of 100 mph. The fine increases up to $1,000 per conviction for subsequent offenses committed within five years of the first two.

Speed Contests. (SB1541, Margrett) Punishment for those who engage in illegal speed contests such as street racing increases to now include mandatory performance of 40 hours of community service. Preexisting penalties include 24-hours minimum jail time and suspension of driver's license for from 90 days to six months.

Speeding and dicing it up on a track day would be a lot less expensive than one of these tickets. You just ask yourself when speeding on the street, do I feel lucky? I have been extremely lucky over the years.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

Fanny Fligurl
President

Re: When in doubt slow down.

#2 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 pm

The past few years, very lucky. Before that.....not so much. Berryessa is such a love/hate relationship for me. :lol:
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

sexy_raiderette
CU Supporter

Re: When in doubt slow down.

#3 Post by sexy_raiderette » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:52 pm

What she said ^ LOL
Daisy R
'09 Yamaha FZ6R....GRAB A FIST FULL!!!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." -Robert Fritz