Roxie is broken down for some work to be done!

Let's keep this section for moto-talk only folks.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

LadyRider600rr

Roxie is broken down for some work to be done!

#1 Post by LadyRider600rr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:33 pm

So i broke down the front end of Roxie to replace the head bearings. Hopefully it will be a simple fix and hopefully it will fix my shimmy shake problem when I am comming to a stop. I want to tighten her up so she doesnt feel like she is falling apart. I have already learned a lot more than I knew before. LOL Like that I didn't need to take my fender off, or take my clip ons off. I always make things more difficult than they have to be! but oh well. Its a learning experience. Now all I have to do is lift the bike up on the engine hoise and roll the front wheel out with the forks out with the lower triple clamp. THen I need to figure out how replacing bearings is done. I think its easy enough but I havent learned how to do it now.

I was also going to install the turnbuckle kit but i cant really afford it with all the time i am taking off work with the recovery. :((( <---- super sad face. So right now is only the head bearings. Next is the left side fairing. I scratched it up really good when i wrecked they day before surgery :((( <-----another super sad face. If the emoticons worked I would use all kinds to express my feelings about Roxie's ouchies. She was so pretty and now she is beat to hell. I also scratched up her tail and her upper. I also before this wreck lost her lower belly fairing on the right. Then is the turnbuckle lowering links. then a new exhaust. I have a long list. I need to start working more hours. lol
Jessica Haverty

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

Motomom
CU Supporter

Re: Roxie is broken down for some work to be done!

#2 Post by Motomom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Wowzers...

That is a long list BUT the beautiful things that I hear when I read what you wrote is this, you know what to do and you are going to be doing it. Such music to my ears to know that my sister is all over it!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!