RIP Gary Jaehne

Let's keep this section for moto-talk only folks.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

RIP Gary Jaehne

#1 Post by HoneyBadger » Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't know how many of our girls and forum members know or remember Gary, but if you've ever been to one of Doc Wong's suspension clinics, they were taught by Gary. He also joined us on February's ride down Mines Rd, he was up in the first group on the green Ninja 250.

Here's a pic of Gary from that ride, he's the one in a green jacket.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... ac&theater

This is another huge loss to our local motorcycling community here in the bay area. Gary was an experienced rider, racer and mentor to many people. While I wasn't "friends" with Gary, we were on a first name basis, so this is also a loss personally.

While on a group ride today on Pescadero Rd Gary lowsided his motorcycle - he then ended up falling 50 ft down the cliff, and apparently succumbed to internal injuries on the way to the hospital, despite being aware and moving all limbs at the scene.

RIP Gary

This is just another reminder of no matter how skilled someone may be, this is a dangerous sport and one small mistake may be the last you get to make. Ride safe, be careful, and enjoy the ride! I can at least be confident that Gary passed doing what he loved, following his passion, and living life to the fullest.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

Re: RIP Gary Jaehne

#2 Post by chiconaduc » Sun May 20, 2012 7:28 am

Very sad. :(
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

Motomom
CU Supporter

#3 Post by Motomom » Sun May 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Gary was so awesome to me for my first group ride I ever went on last year with the Ninjettes up to Lick Observatory. He gave me an awesome experience and provided humor the whole day!! Here is a pic of him as passenger with Alex on my first bike when a rider went down on Mines and they needed to 2-up. As I shared on Ninjette.org, he threatened me to not show this photo to anyone cuz he looked ridiculous on my bike behind Alex. I know in my heart he would be ok with me sharing it now.

RIP Gary!!!
Attachments
ninja ride double up.jpeg
ninja ride double up.jpeg (153.43 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Fanny Fligurl
President

#4 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 am

I posted on BARF and CoCoTimes also:

Every day will be a memorial ride to Gary. He was the epitome of a true motorcyclist, and I'll miss him buzzing me as if I were standing still. What a devastating loss for the moto-community at large. His zest for life will live on through all of us!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

NinjaMama
Vice President

#5 Post by NinjaMama » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't recall ever meeting him, but it is a big loss with his involvement within the riding community. Sounds like he had lots of friends and acquaintances who will miss him a lot.
My condolences to his family.
S.
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.