Good riding gear would probably lower this total

Let's keep this section for moto-talk only folks.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

Good riding gear would probably lower this total

#1 Post by CrashDummy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 am

"Costs from deaths and injuries due to motorcycle crashes were $16 billion in 2010, but the full cost is higher because long-term expenses are hard to measure, a federal report said."

Maybe a Leatt neck brace for 500 dollars is a bargain. Or even a five thousand dollar Dianise Air leather suit could end up saving a rider lots of money not to mention the pain.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

Re: Good riding gear would probably lower this total

#2 Post by HoneyBadger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:14 am

Good gear is worth more than its weight in gold. Unfortunately, there are those who still refuse to wear any at all, or minimal.

I know that having a great helmet (good fit, good test ratings - both independent and governmental, etc) and the right gear may very well have saved my life in August...having the aerohump on the suit seems to have saved me from severe neck injuries, the helmet kept the important parts of my brain intact, and the rest of the gear kept me from other serious injury. If I had been wearing an air vest (which I REALLY, REALLY want before I start racing), I probably could have saved a bruised lung and maybe some upper body soreness/soft tissue inflammation. The arm was probably screwed no matter what lol.

Some people prefer not to wear gear - I don't deny them their ability to make that choice, but don't expect anyone else to be covering your medical expenses, either.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1