I want high heel Riding Boots!

Post your technique questions here!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

1beckyrose

Re: I want high heel Riding Boots!

#16 Post by 1beckyrose » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:14 pm

I doubt anyone will respond to this message because the posts were dated back in 2007, but it's worth a shot. I also have the Bombshell Boots and absolutely love them. Like Des, I also wear them to dates and/or fancy places while I ride.

I've also had my bike lowered 1.25" which WORKED WONDERS! Yeah, you always hear that 'lowering ones' bike alters the handling' but you don't notice it at all. Unless it's your race bike, I wouldn't recommend lowering it but when you do...it does boost your confidence.
*Becky Rose*
:newbie

"Sometimes it's best not to question your friend. Just help them dump the body bag into the river."

brefly22
Contributing Member

#17 Post by brefly22 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 pm

I PROMISE to never ride in heals...or at least that's what chill made me say last night 8)
"Life's a journey, not a destination"

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#18 Post by chiconaduc » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:21 pm

brefly22 wrote:I PROMISE to never ride in heals...
You & me both!
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

1beckyrose

#19 Post by 1beckyrose » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:57 pm

LOL Have you seen them? They are NOT heels like actual dress heels. They are flat-footed wedge-like boots. They're HOT! :) haha
Attachments
icon.jpg
icon.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
*Becky Rose*
:newbie

"Sometimes it's best not to question your friend. Just help them dump the body bag into the river."

Chill

#20 Post by Chill » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 am

chiconaduc wrote:
brefly22 wrote:I PROMISE to never ride in heals...
You & me both!

LOL!!!!! I can't believe I missed this!
"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
-- Josh Billings

I just NEED to know!
**just call me Chill**

maygoddess

#21 Post by maygoddess » Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 am

Hey Chill! I just looked back at this..not sure you are still looking for boots after all these years since the original post...but I actually own the both the ankle length and full length icon hella boots. I also have the Frank Thomas Kinkee boot (usually wear these more) and then I also bought a pair of Dianese D Dry Grace and those I had a shoe repair shop add internal heels since you cannot add to the bottom of those. You do have to stretch the instep to make room for the extra lift..but makes a difference now!

I actually like the icon boots..they are not that bulky so I can move my feet to shift, brake..and even with a narrow foot print..I don't feel unstable when I touch ground...quite the opposite..when I can fully touch the ground..I feel more stable..don't care of it is stilettos or these wedge boots...touching the ground fully flat makes a big diff! Now I would never wear stilettos..but just making point. I find that they are stiff enough at the ankle that you woudl not wobble around and sprain your ankle as some would assume.

I did actually wear the Icon Hella ankle boots to a recent concert in SF where I had to stand on my feet for almost 3 hours..and we were dancing. They did hurt a little by end of night..and I found trying to dance on a wood floor with motorycle boots that are meant to NOT be slippery bottom..did not make it easy to dance! LOL! Priorities!!!

For us shorties..we do have to do what we can to make it easier to ride our ride! Those with tall legs have no idea how much heavier the bike feels when you cannot fully touch the ground or spread your legs as you touch down!

If you are interested in trying these out..I can bring both to a meeting..I wear size 10 so probably anyone can stick their feet in them to check them out!

Patty A