Heads Up on Redwood Road

Post your technique questions here!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

SwitzGirl

Heads Up on Redwood Road

#1 Post by SwitzGirl » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 pm

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this... but here it is, nonetheless.

I was out riding on Redwood Road today and they are doing some major road construction, which means tons of gravel. You might want to stay away from it until it gets cleared up or at least, ride safely! It was quite an introduction to riding through gravel. I'm pretty happy to say that my bike survived without a fall. :) Construction started today...so it might be a while.

Jello_Biafra

#2 Post by Jello_Biafra » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:52 am

My 'home track' ruined. :(

I'll be sure to proceed with caution next time. I barely get to ride it anymore anyway.

Do you guys live near Redwood?

SwitzGirl

#3 Post by SwitzGirl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Pretty close. About ten minutes

I know everyone already heard about the crazy cops in helicopters and such...but when I was there yesterday they had these little silver undercover cop cars...I wouldn't have known they were cop cars until they turned on their sirens and lights that sit on their windshield and not on their roofs. They're getting serious! lol

Fanny Fligurl
President

#4 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:56 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on road conditions and "silver sneaky popo". :lol: Way to look out for your own girlie!

Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#5 Post by CrashDummy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Thank you. I've seen the gravel from Pinehurst up to Skyline but I haven't seen one of those cars yet.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster