MissAlina - Introducing myself! :)

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

MissAlina

MissAlina - Introducing myself! :)

#1 Post by MissAlina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Hey, CU gals! :-) My name is Alina. I'm 29 years old and I'm transgender. I live near Concord. Not sure if you've ever initiated any trans ladies, but I know you ride with guys, too, so no matter what I'm just hoping to find a great group of folks with whom I can ride! :romance-grouphug: I've been riding for about 3 years. Aside from my brother and birth mom, I have literally never had anyone to ride with, let alone group ride!

I've checked out your forum, website, and member profiles. You all seem like great people! Being trans, I am afraid of being ridiculed and ostracised by people, especially the biker community, to which I can imagine that some of you as women can relate. I'm really hoping to find here a safe place to be myself and people with whom I can enjoy doing what I love: riding! :auto-sportbike:

Oh, I ride a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic FI (VN1500N). It's probably also worth mentioning that I only own my bike; I don't own a car. So even though I have only been riding for 3 years, I have quite a bit of experience under my belt. :lol:

Hopefully, this wasn't too long-winded of an introduction! I do that sometimes. I look forward to getting to know you all! :banana-rock: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

•My Insta•

Last edited by MissAlina on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:character-ariel:
Alina - She/Her

Current ride: '05 Kawi Vulcan 1500 Classic (VN1500N) - "Vivienne"
Previous rides: VN750A, VT750CD2 "Charlotte", VN1500E "Big Red"

Motomom
CU Supporter

Re: MissAlina - Introducing myself! :)

#2 Post by Motomom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Welcome :teasing-newbie:

Well... a newbie to us anyway!

May I be the first to say hello and I am so happy to see you on here. And, oh ya, you got plenty of girls to ride with and I look forward to riding with you myself. Please be sure to keep an eye on this forum for our next ride, which is not until October because we have some things we are doing. In fact, please look on here for some events we are going to and some events we are a part of these next 2 months. I will email you my cell number and we can chat more.

I know I can say with all confidence that you have absolutely no worry whatsoever of being ridiculed and ostracized when with us. Girl, we would be quite upset if any b-stuff came out of anybody's mouth that would make someone feel unsafe or unwanted!! :naughty:

You and I have something in common because although I had 30+ years experience on a bike (dirtbike), when I got my M1 in 2011 and bought my streetbike; I too had it as my only transportation. Living and working in SF sure made for getting some experience!! :-o

Your pictures look great, but I gotta ask... what's up with the last one? Are you giving us a butt-shot?!! :laughing-rolling:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

MissAlina

#3 Post by MissAlina » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:12 pm

lol! Sorry! Well, not really, 'cause I'd never apologize for my booty. lol Like I said, I really only ride solo so I don't have many pics of me and my bike so I was just trying to attach what few I had. I didn't really think about the fact that I was turning my backside to ya. ha ha! :text-blondmoment:

Anywho, thanks for the warm welcome! I'll send out a text ASAP. I'm running around getting a ton done today so I'm a bit busy but I saw a response here and I wanted to check it quickly. I really look forward to riding with you, too! :music-rockon:
Alina - She/Her

BigSky
Secretary

#4 Post by BigSky » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Hey gorgeous Allyssa!!

Thank you so much for introducing yourself on the site! I love your attitude and approach towards life. Thank you for the kind words.

I think you'll be surprised at how open and diverse the riding community is... And YES, you are more than welcome to ride with us anytime! Normally we do a monthly ride on the second Sunday, but as Tina mentioned, the next few months are a bit different. I hope you'll come to our fundraiser bbq in La Grange on Sept 9.

Please send me a FB friend request - Jennifer Lovaas. Can't wait to meet you!!

-Jen
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

MissAlina

#5 Post by MissAlina » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Jen, thank you! I have only heard from 2 people so far but I am already overwhelmed with how kind and welcoming you are! Thank you for the heads up about La Grange. Suddenly, I'm in the mood to listen to ZZ Top. :music-listening: :icon-lol:

I really hope I can take a ride with some of you ladies soon. Even if it's just a one-on-one, I hope no one will hesitate to send me a message!

Also, Jen, I am super inactive on Facebook. :( I'm on Instagram way too much though. Not sure if you use it? I'll add you on Facebook anyway, but my name there is my legal name so look out for a FR from Jesse. :romance-heartsmiley:
Alina - She/Her

Motominx
Contributing Member

#6 Post by Motominx » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Allyssa - Welcome and so happy you found us!

We ride regularly and you can always see what we are planning online and social media.

Hope to meet you soon!

:romance-grouphug:
"Well-behaved women rarely make history"

MissAlina

#7 Post by MissAlina » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Hey Helena. Thanks for the warm welcome! Hey, you live in Pleasant Hill? We're really close to each other. I'm in Martinez. I find myself in Pleasant Hill all the time. :grin:
Alina - She/Her

NinjaMama
Vice President

#8 Post by NinjaMama » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:25 am

Hey there Missie!
Welcome to the forum. Just curious, how did you find us?
This group of women are some of the most friendly and welcoming people you may ever meet. Hope to meet you at the barbecue if you make it out there.
Sabrina
:happy-wavemulticolor:
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

MissAlina

#9 Post by MissAlina » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:13 am

Hey Sabrina,

I found you guys on a list of SF Bay rider groups. I can't remember what site exactly. It was an article somewhere. Anyhow, I think the BBQ is today? I already let Tina know I have previous weekend plans, unfortunately, but the SF Litas are hosting a ride from SF to Port Costa on Aug 12th. I was gonna keep my Sunday free for that! Not sure if anyone else is going?

P.S. I'm not much fun at BBQ's since I'm a vegetarian, but I'll still go for the camaraderie! :lol:
Alina - She/Her

MissAlina

#10 Post by MissAlina » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 am

MissAllyssa wrote:...the SF Litas are hosting a ride from SF to Port Costa on Aug 12th...
It just occurred to me that I have no idea if their events are open for anyone, Litas members only...?
Alina - She/Her

BigSky
Secretary

#11 Post by BigSky » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:30 am

MissAllyssa wrote:

P.S. I'm not much fun at BBQ's since I'm a vegetarian, but I'll still go for the camaraderie! :lol:
Sweeeeeet I'm a vegan!!

Our bbq fundraiser is on Sept 9. We'll make sure to have veggie dogs or something like that. :)
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

MissAlina

#12 Post by MissAlina » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Jen, that's awesome! How long have you been vegan? Did you get your vegan superpowers yet? I heard they're awesome! lol Sorry, if you're not a fan of Scott Pilgrim it may seem like I'm making fun of you, but I'm totally not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCAcQxmYDI

Shortly after that clip, he gets his powers stripped by the Vegan Police. :laughing-rolling:

So anyway, now I know when this BBQ is, but where is it? Is there a flier somewhere I missed?
Alina - She/Her

Fanny Fligurl
President

#13 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:38 am

Welcome Allyssa! You're welcome to roll with us anytime. Since your moto is your main squeeze, your bootie is already conditioned for long rides so you shouldn't have any issues with ours. LOL! We shift our group rides to a different area every month, so it will certainly get you out of your own backyard. Hope to see you at the CU BBQ on Sunday, Sept. 9th so we can all meet you in person.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#14 Post by HoneyBadger » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:43 am

Hello and welcome to the group! Hope to meet you at an upcoming ride.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

BigSky
Secretary

#15 Post by BigSky » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Here's the info!

https://www.facebook.com/events/400478893692808/

Still waiting for my vegan superpowers to kick in! :lol: