You never know where life will take you..

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Lorena

You never know where life will take you..

#1 Post by Lorena » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey Folks, I just met Fanny Fligurl last weekend.. with a few of you ladies and of course I can't recall any names! Thought I'd drop in, introduce myself and hopefully attend some rides.. below is a little about me and what brought me here.

My name is Lorena (couldnt think of anything clever for the forum name, I'm tired today!), I'm 35 and live in Oakdale. I've been riding for about 6 years now. Started on an SV but I've moved to a GSXR600. All city, no twisties and no track. All those years solely with my husband who did not enjoy group riding (even though I really wanted to be apart of the community). Recently he decided to pack up and leave me in the dust, lets just say it's been a hard few months.

In an effort to reach out and meet new people I came across the CVRF folks and the Dysturbed Ryders were super welcoming and have taken me on my first few twistie rides. I'm super novice, super slow, super nervous. They've been helping learn and have given me some pointers to work on. Right now I'm working on correcting my turn lines and trying to relax on the bike. I get super tense, need to learn to loosen up. Just going to keep practicing!

I wanted to come on here, say hi and hopefully get in on some rides. I've never known any other lady riders so I'm super stoked to meet everyone.

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

Re: You never know where life will take you..

#2 Post by chiconaduc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Welcome to the site Lorena! It would be great if you can make it to our first ride of the new year this Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you.
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

H.D.30-06

#3 Post by H.D.30-06 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Welcome to the site lorena.
RIDE RIDE GOTTA RIDE !!!
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
2001 H.D. 1200 Sportster(sold)
2008 Suzuki DL650 vstrom (R.I.P)
2011 Kawasaki Versys 650
Mike

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#4 Post by Rollin on 3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Lorena! I had the opportunity to meet ya just for a second. I am so glad you posted. Welcome to the forum. Please join us on our upcoming ride this Sunday. As you know we have ladies in the Modesto area and I am sure you can ride up with them.
I have flexible time week days to ride so whenever you are ready let me know.

Welcome and hope to see ya soon

Oh and his loss for dumping you, now you can ride endlessly through the world. CHEERS! I wish you luck!
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

NinjaMama
Vice President

#5 Post by NinjaMama » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Lorena,
I'm glad you found CU. It's a great place to find friends who have similar interests, and a wonderful way to find an excuse to get out of the house and off the couch.
We are newbie friendly and if you can join us on an "All-Girls Ride", you'll find a causal supportive group who'll support you in learning some skills that will eventually help you get through the twisties without stress.
Just so you'll know, we are always accompanied by a sweep vehicle with tools, tie-downs, ramps, emergency equipment, and first-aid; just in case. All of our girls are certified in basic first-aid, most have ridden (many) track-days, and have a ton of experience to draw from.
I hope you can join us on a ride sometime and meet the rest of the girls.
Good luck on the relationship situation. I know how much that can suck.
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#6 Post by Hurricane » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:47 pm

LORENA HI!!!
Glad that you joined the forum hun! I'm Jessica (Hurricane on here), I was the first one to introduce myself last Friday and I'm from and currently live in Modesto and also lived myself in Oakdale for many years. I was on my new baby GSXR750 used to have the Honda that is on my avatar. I must say that for our little central valley community it is ALWAYS SO GREAT to see another fellow lady ryder come out and enjoy this love/sport. You will be very comfortable along with us on our rides babe! And you come to a great place to learn too :) Hoe to see you Sunday!
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

maygoddess

#7 Post by maygoddess » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi Lorena! Welcome to CU! I was not on that ride but look forward to meeting another Gixxer Sista..I bought my 09 Gixxer 600 this week last January! I love riding that bike and look forward to doing my first track day this year!

Definitely come out and ride with us as soon as you can. We have ladies of all skill levels join us..all the girls are super supportive and there is something special about riding with all ladies!!!

Look forward to meeting you soon!!

PattyA

Lorena

#8 Post by Lorena » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definately making the ride this Sunday. So count me in, thanks for the heads up with the Modesto meet up spot. I'll be sure to be there.

I'm excited about meeting everyone!

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#9 Post by HoneyBadger » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 am

Welcome to the site, and I definitely look forward to meeting you on Sunday! It should be a great ride to get yourself acquainted with us - a little shorter and easier but with the same great company as always! Sounds like you've been riding nearly as long as I have, although I got into group rides and twisties within a month of moving out here to California almost 6 years ago now.

I think you'll find we a diverse, strong group of women, part of why I love Curve Unit so much!
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

Fanny Fligurl
President

#10 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 am

Lorena wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definately making the ride this Sunday. So count me in, thanks for the heads up with the Modesto meet up spot. I'll be sure to be there.

Jessica T - Can you PM Lorena to arrange a meet spot for the two of you in Modesto. You can lead her to my house, as Jessica H. & I will be leaving from here. We'll all ride out together. Be at my house at 9am k?
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Motomom
CU Supporter

#11 Post by Motomom » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Lorena...

I so look forward to meeting you on Sunday. I recently was rear ended and had to purchase a replacement bike. If all works out, I will be on that bike this Sunday. If not, then I will be there riding along in the sweeper truck. That's what great about these ladies, you are welcomed into the family and if things happen... well, they work with you to still have you a part of. It's a beautiful thing!!!

See you Sunday, on two or in a cage... lol!!! ;0}
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#12 Post by Hurricane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Fanny Fligurl wrote:
Lorena wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definately making the ride this Sunday. So count me in, thanks for the heads up with the Modesto meet up spot. I'll be sure to be there.

Jessica T - Can you PM Lorena to arrange a meet spot for the two of you in Modesto. You can lead her to my house, as Jessica H. & I will be leaving from here. We'll all ride out together. Be at my house at 9am k?
If everything works out according to my plan for the weekend and I do the pre-ride Sat ill already be in Concord Sunday. I was planing to ride out there from Tracy after pre-ride. if I end up having to work Sat ill be able to meet her Sunday.
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

LadyGadget

#13 Post by LadyGadget » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Welcome Lorena,

You could not have found a better place to group ride than with Curve Unit Sisters. A year ago I met most of these ladies and my life is much different now then it was 12 months ago, thanks to CU and all the friends I've made over the past twelve months.

This is a group that has a lot of fun, is as safe as possible, and above all is totally supportive of everyone who rides with them, whether she's a noob or bad-ass rider tearing it up through the twisties.

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!

ps. It's an old cliche', but when one door closes another is kicked wide open. Go for it.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

sexy_raiderette
CU Supporter

#14 Post by sexy_raiderette » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 am

Yay! Hi lorena. I have only been on a few twisty rises myself so we can learn to lean together :) your bike was meant for hugging turns!!! Can't wait to meet you!
Daisy R
'09 Yamaha FZ6R....GRAB A FIST FULL!!!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." -Robert Fritz

butterfly
Contributing Member

#15 Post by butterfly » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Hey lorena welcome to the forum! :)