Hey ladies, nice ride!

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Karen

Hey ladies, nice ride!

#1 Post by Karen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 am

Hi everybody,

I just joined the form and went on my first ride last Sunday. It was awesome meeting such a cool bunch of women. I was on the purple and yellow CBR600F2.

I live in Oakland and have been riding on and off for over two decades. On the way home I took Redwood Road (my favorite twistie.) The guys congregate at the entrance to the Lake Chabot campground, so I made a brief stop to say hi. An older guy asked me "how's it feel being the only hen in a flock of roosters?" I smiled and thought how different and pleasant was to hang with CU.

One of my goals for the coming year is to do a track day, I want to learn what my bike can do without all the dangers of the road.

I look forward to riding with y'all again!
Karen

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

Re: Hey ladies, nice ride!

#2 Post by chiconaduc » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Karen, glad to see that you made it to the site! It was so nice to chat with you at the end of the day on Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting some practice in on Redwood with you.
Curve Unit attends ZoomZoom Track Days' Women's VIP enforce every year and it would be great to have you along; mark your calendar for Friday, June 1st!
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

Motomom
CU Supporter

#3 Post by Motomom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 pm

[Hi Karen!!!

I met you on the ride and was sorry that you had to leave us to get back to your 8yr old, but hey....
our children are important!!! I look forward to seeing you on the next ride and hopefully you will be able to hang out with us for the meeting after.
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Fanny Fligurl
President

#4 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:54 pm

I didn't get a chance to visit with you Karen, but please come on out for our Feb. group ride and I'll make a point to hug ya.

And if you want trackdays, you've come to the right place! This group is shall we say......obsessed w/ the track. Check out Z2's 2012 schedule already posted in "Track Curves". You're welcome to roll out with us anytime.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

sexy_raiderette
CU Supporter

#5 Post by sexy_raiderette » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Great meeting u Karen :-) that's is funny what the guy said.and yes its very different hope to see u on the next ride!
Daisy R
'09 Yamaha FZ6R....GRAB A FIST FULL!!!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." -Robert Fritz

*chamorita*
CU Supporter

#6 Post by *chamorita* » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Welcome to the site and thanks again for riding with us.
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY