Finally back riding again after 3 years of no riding!

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

oochiewallie35

Finally back riding again after 3 years of no riding!

#1 Post by oochiewallie35 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 am

I started riding a Ninja 250 in 2007. Riding became a passion of mine, but after 3 years of riding, I became pregnant with my daughter who is now 20 months. I have not ridden since I found out I was pregnant in September 2009. I've missed riding so much, but just didn't have time. Just this past weekend, I went out for my first ride, and it was like starting all over again! I briefly forgot how to shift, but after putting around my neighborhood for awhile, I quickly remembered how to ride and why I love riding so much. Now I'm getting back into it and would love to eventually get out to some track days, but first I gotta get back into the swing of things. If anyone is in or around the San Jose area on weekends and wants to go putt around with me, I would love to have some company! :)

NinjaMama
Vice President

Re: Finally back riding again after 3 years of no riding!

#2 Post by NinjaMama » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 pm

You're at the right place. We do have a few people who live in your area. When you get comfortable riding again, come out and join us on a ride and meet all the girls.
Congrats on your 20 month old!
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#3 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Coming from a mommy who was still rippin' the track @ 4 months preggers, then back on the track 2 months after her daugher was born, I'm soooooooooo glad you decided to get back in the saddle.

All too often, we lose our female riders to having children. It really is a shame, because just think of how empowered and independent your daughter will become by having a strong & determined mommy to look up to! Every time you ride off into the sunset, your daughter will gain confidence in her own abilities. "If mommy can do it, than I can do it some day too!"

Good for you girlie, and welcome to CU!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

oochiewallie35

#4 Post by oochiewallie35 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Thank you ladies for the support! Before I stopped riding, I didn't have any ladies to ride with, it was all guys. It'll be fun to have a "girl's day" once I'm back in the swing of things! :)

butterfly
Contributing Member

#5 Post by butterfly » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :D hopefully we will see soon :-)

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#6 Post by HoneyBadger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Way to get back out there! Hope to see you on one of our rides here soon.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

oochiewallie35

#7 Post by oochiewallie35 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:49 am

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I took another ride around yesterday evening and it was so beautiful riding while the sun was setting. The weather was nice & cool and the sky was beautiful shades of orange, red and pink.

I don't doubt that I should be able to meet up with you ladies in a few months! I can't wait! :)

Hekele
CU Supporter

#8 Post by Hekele » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 am

Girl...you're in luck! I live in San Jose, text me cause I'm always out and about. Actually I'll be out and about all day today with another CU sister. Might catch a movie or lunch. So again, text me Heather...408-460-2290
Hekele(Heather)

Fanny Fligurl
President

#9 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:14 pm

oochiewallie35 wrote:Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I took another ride around yesterday evening and it was so beautiful riding while the sun was setting. The weather was nice & cool and the sky was beautiful shades of orange, red and pink.

I don't doubt that I should be able to meet up with you ladies in a few months! I can't wait! :)
With any luck, our girls in San Jose will whip ya into shape waaaaaaaay before "a couple months" passes by. Tee-hee! I wouldn't be surprised to see your bad self on our February ride next weekend. You can do it!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Motomom
CU Supporter

#10 Post by Motomom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 am

oochiewallie35 wrote:I don't doubt that I should be able to meet up with you ladies in a few months! I can't wait! :)
Well, Hi There and welcome back to riding. I ride a Ninja 250 myself and truly look forward to meeting you soon. Glad to see that one of our sisters has already reached out to you... cuz that's how we rol!! :0}
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#11 Post by chiconaduc » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Welcome to the site! Hope to see you on one of our rides soon.
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

oochiewallie35

#12 Post by oochiewallie35 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Lol I love all of the encouragement! I cannot wait to meet everyone! Until then, I am working on getting new gear (my old gear is too big). I dunno that I'll be out next weekend, BUT I am sure I will see you in March! See you soon ladies! :)

sexy_raiderette
CU Supporter

#13 Post by sexy_raiderette » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Yay! More mommys!!! Welcome! Ima a gma and my grandson loves running to the door when he hears Gma come home :-)
Daisy R
'09 Yamaha FZ6R....GRAB A FIST FULL!!!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." -Robert Fritz