Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

SpyderGirl

Re: New Member

#16 Post by SpyderGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 am

Hey Teale, you found the best place to get yourself back into the riding scene. Welcome! :)

BTW, I am Katlyn and I ride a Can-Am Spyder sport roadster. :)
"Life's Short... Ryde a Spyder Naked!!"
President / Founder - Spyder Ryder of America - S. F. Bay Area Chapter
http://srasanfrancisco.weebly.com
~Katlyn~

tlblue72

#17 Post by tlblue72 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:30 pm

hi Katlyn, thanks for the welcome!

H.D.30-06

#18 Post by H.D.30-06 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 am

Welcome to the site Teale. :-) Hope to ride with you and your Bandit soon. What part of the world did ya move to Ca. from? Just curious.
RIDE RIDE GOTTA RIDE !!!
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
2001 H.D. 1200 Sportster(sold)
2008 Suzuki DL650 vstrom (R.I.P)
2011 Kawasaki Versys 650
Mike

tlblue72

#19 Post by tlblue72 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 pm

H.D.30-06 wrote:Welcome to the site Teale. :-) Hope to ride with you and your Bandit soon. What part of the world did ya move to Ca. from? Just curious.
Moved from Portland Oregon January 2011. Love it here! Thanks for the welcome :)

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#20 Post by CrashDummy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi Teale. Maybe I will meet you on the next ride. It will be just us girls. Actually I am the only male allowed on a girls only ride. They know I had a very unfortunate accident in 2007 that put me over the handlebars but part of me was left behind. Maybe you will see me on a future ride. I wear a Hi-viz yellow Aerostich suit and have padded bars.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

Fanny Fligurl
President

#21 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:44 am

CrashDummy wrote:Hi Teale. Maybe I will meet you on the next ride. It will be just us girls. Actually I am the only male allowed on a girls only ride. They know I had a very unfortunate accident in 2007 that put me over the handlebars but part of me was left behind. Maybe you will see me on a future ride. I wear a Hi-viz yellow Aerostich suit and have padded bars.
OMG Randy, you're going to freak out the newb. LOL! But keep it coming, because your sickness kills me (in a good way).
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

tlblue72

#22 Post by tlblue72 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 am

Fanny Fligurl wrote:OMG Randy, you're going to freak out the newb. LOL! But keep it coming, because your sickness kills me (in a good way).
I have had my own bike mishap already... First time on one. Broke my collarbone. So I have my own story :)

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#23 Post by CrashDummy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:46 pm

tlblue72 wrote:
Fanny Fligurl wrote:OMG Randy, you're going to freak out the newb. LOL! But keep it coming, because your sickness kills me (in a good way).
I have had my own bike mishap already... First time on one. Broke my collarbone. So I have my own story :)
Hi Teale. Most people would figure riding motorcycles wasn't for them if they broke their collar bone the first time out. You must have a real desire to ride.

Amy I am glad I kill you in a good way. However I did loose part of my package in the dirt ten years ago. I can show you or not. I am glad it is going to be just us ladies on the 15th.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

NinjaMama
Vice President

#24 Post by NinjaMama » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Teale! That is an unusual name. You would definitely be our first Teale. :grin:
Hope to meet you soon.
S.
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

tlblue72

#25 Post by tlblue72 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 am

CrashDummy wrote:
Hi Teale. Most people would figure riding motorcycles wasn't for them if they broke their collar bone the first time out. You must have a real desire to ride.
Well... I was not going to let it hold me back. I use to let me weight hold me back from doing things, and now that I have lost a lot of weight, I wasn't just going to give up on it. The 30 minutes before my mishap I was having fun. Breaking my collar bone was not the bike's fault, it was my lack of knowledge and experience. I popped the clutch and hit a curb, then I hit a mailbox with my shoulder. That is what broke it. Not the bike lol So after moving to CA, I took the training course in Petaluma and got my M1 and got a new bike and now I just need to get back on it! :)

tlblue72

#26 Post by tlblue72 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 am

NinjaMama wrote:Hi Teale! That is an unusual name. You would definitely be our first Teale. :grin:
Hope to meet you soon.
S.

Thanks S. I look forward to meeting you all eventually. I need a new battery for my bike, so after that happens I will get back on it.