Finally on the site

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Enjoy the Ride
Hangaround

Finally on the site

#1 Post by Enjoy the Ride » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I have decided that I have delayed the inevitable long enough and need to get to know people more instead of just being a part of the monthly rides so I have decided to officially introduce myself :grin:

My first group ride with CU was the July 8th - East Bay Hills. I loved the dynamic of the group and the patience of group 3's lead and sweep. I never felt rushed or too slow for the group. When I don't ride I spend all of my time with my beautiful 3 year old daughter, my boyfriend of 11 years (Yes 11 !!!) and 3 kitties.

Since July I have done:
-September ride from Tracy to Morgan Hill, where I met Tina and kept her at an easy 75 mph all the way to Tracy 8-)
-Ride for Kids in October (The most memorable ride as it meant something more and I hope to be at all the future rides)
-January ride to Santa Cruz (I felt like this was a perfect amount of riding and was dancing on the way home :dance: :eusa-whistle: .
-February ride in Livermore, CA. (One of the most technical rides I have done and one of the most beautiful rides with the green hills everywhere)

Curve Unit has been with me from the start and I have never met a group of people more supportive and caring in my life. I have gained a lot of confidence although I have a lot to work on and hope to continue to receive feedback on my future rides.

I can't wait for this weeks ride to Fairfield and will continue to hang around as long as I can.

Love you guys.

Barbara -
"Enjoy the Ride"

I will not let life pass me by.

Special K
CU Supporter

Re: Finally on the site

#2 Post by Special K » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Yay! I love this post. :clap: Welcome (officially), and glad to have you with us Barbara.
Kelly
2011 GSX-R 750
2003 Ninja 250 (buh-bye!)
AMA #2787667
Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.

maygoddess

#3 Post by maygoddess » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Hugs Sis! I guess finally getting on the site shows your perservence! LOL! Kidding!!

But it has been a joy to get to know you and ride with you! Your willingness to learn and ask questions is refreshing and you add a nice bubble of sunshine to our little group! And sharing all the vids and photos you take scores big points in MY book!

Barbara..if you decide you want to stay closer to the ride the night before..CU girls and our unofficial official hangarounds are invited!! Let me know!!!

NinjaMama
Vice President

#4 Post by NinjaMama » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 pm

To steal a line from MC Hammer... You're now "Too legit to quit"!
Glad you see you on the site. It's been great having you on the rides. I look forward to seeing you on more in the future.
xoxoxo
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Enjoy the Ride
Hangaround

#5 Post by Enjoy the Ride » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 am

Thank you for the warm welcome Ladies. It means a lot to me to be a part of C U (even as a hang around :grin: )

Thank you for the the invite Patty. Roland's birthday is Friday so we decided to do a dinner Saturday night since we will both be working late this week so I'll ride up in the morning. I think Joel and I are going to meet up somewhere near 92 & 880. We just have to figure out a good time since we should get there by 9:30.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#6 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Now all we have to do is get Roland on a bike, and there's no stopping us! :lol: A force to be reckoned with for sure! Thank you for sharing your riding experiences with us, both on and off the street. You're such a pleasure to have around, and we look forward to being a part of your riding story in the future.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#7 Post by Rollin on 3 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome! Welcome! I will keep it short & sweet, "DITTO!" to what everyone else stated. yay! more girl power and the force be with us,lol It was nice to have met Roland. I hope to meet the lil one soon:)
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#8 Post by chiconaduc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Welcome to the site, Barbara!
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

LadyGadget

#9 Post by LadyGadget » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Aw, I was going to post something sappy like the others, then I thought, nah, you know I'm glad you're "hanging around" and I hope you continue to do so. :pray:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Enjoy the Ride
Hangaround

#10 Post by Enjoy the Ride » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you Ladies for the welcome!!! I had an amazing time on the Fairfield ride this past weekend. Thank you Helena for putting it together. Roland and I are planning to do a couple hours with him riding in a parking lot or some side streets nearby so that he can practice riding. ;-)

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#11 Post by CrashDummy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm

It has probably been a wee bit scary but a whole lot obvious that I am glad you decided to hang out with this group of motorcycle mamas.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

Enjoy the Ride
Hangaround

#12 Post by Enjoy the Ride » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:21 pm

CrashDummy wrote:It has probably been a wee bit scary but a whole lot obvious that I am glad you decided to hang out with this group of motorcycle mamas.

Haha Randy. You do make me wonder about you at times....you are awesome to be around and I love that you always find something to laugh about (like me sitting on my boot and almost falling off the chair... Twice). It is a breath of fresh air to see you always happy. I am glad you are a CU supporter.

Now, did you get your tires changed?

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#13 Post by CrashDummy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 pm

The tires are sitting in my garage because I want to show Steve how to change them. He is too busy lately. He was going to send me a picture of his Blackbird tire down to the steel cords. He didn't send the picture because he thought I would put it on this site to show that I am not the only one who rides down to the cord. Like me, he claims he had no idea it was that bad. I know it is no excuse but it is amazing how fast the last part of a tire wears off.

I am glad you enjoy my company. Worst case scenario I just get obnoxious. Not violent !!! Assuming my fourteen medications are kept at the correct ratio. I think you were next to me when Tina was hitting and screaming at me to leave Jen alone. I replied that I have feelings too, which only fed her frenzy to make me stop. :lol: I will push a woman's patience just to get and keep her attention. That sounds a little immature in writing. It doesn't help if while they are shouting at me they start laughing. I am trying to fine tune my ability to keep a woman's attention without alienating her, her family and the group she rides with. See what happens when kids don't get enough attention. I found the correct balance with Jen. At the end of the first ride as I hugged her goodbye, she told me that "she missed me already." I was flattered but couldn't help but wonder is this woman missing more than upper body strength. At the end of the next ride she considers me "wonderfully weird." I will have to put her through a barrage of tolerance tests to figure out her weaknesses. It is critical that I keep my med ratio correct through out the process. :grin:
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

Motominx
Contributing Member

#14 Post by Motominx » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Welcome to our CU world, Barbara. All of it!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history"

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#15 Post by chiconaduc » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am

CrashDummy wrote:...I will have to put her through a barrage of tolerance tests to figure out her weaknesses. It is critical that I keep my med ratio correct through out the process. :grin:
Randy, you have nothing to worry about. My tolerance for humans is extraordinarily low, and I still love you. 8-)
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West