Hello bodacious babes.

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Pumpkin

Hello bodacious babes.

#1 Post by Pumpkin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:04 pm

My name is Vivian and I am fairly a new rider. I have been riding for about a year sporadically, so I can't say I am a super confident rider, but would love to one day.

I am currently located in Marin just north of sf. My favorite thing about riding is going up hwy 1 twisting and turning with BEAUTIFUL views.

What brings me to curve unit is that I want to find a community I could ride with and get to know other girl riders. Unfortunately my riding partner was my ex and now I ride alone. Though I enjoy being a lone wolf I also would love to meet more chick riders to shoot the shit about motorcycles, life, and food.

BigSky
Secretary

Re: Hello bodacious babes.

#2 Post by BigSky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Welcome, Pumpkin! You had me at "bodacious babes"! :grin:

You found the right group, and you can come hang out with us anytime.

Just curious, what do you ride? We are non-denominational but have a mix of sportbikes and cruisers.

There are some fun events coming up:
Sun April 10: we're all going on the Deliquents MC Tour de Bay (cavaet: this can be a bit intense for new riders, or maybe it's just me!!)
Thurs, April 14: Scuderia Ladies Night SF - a few of us will be there, come out!!
Sat, May 7: International Female Ride Day - this is going to be awesome! And not too long.
Sun, May 15: Curve Unit monthly ride (I believe this will be an east bay ride)

And... many of us like to do informal rides on the weekend, say to Alice's (peninsula) or Redwood Rd (east bay). You could get together with a few of us on some weekend, I'm sure.

I'll send you a PM so we can exchange info. :grin:
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

Pumpkin

#3 Post by Pumpkin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:00 am

Hey BigSky,
That would be great, I would love to join you gals on a few rides, thank you so much for providing me with a list of events. I will see which one I could make it to.

I'm a sports bike kind of gal. Right now I am on a little 250 ninja, but I am thinking about switching to a bike with a little bit more power once after I get my tax return.

Looking forward to your message.

Special K
CU Supporter

#4 Post by Special K » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 am

Hi Pumpkin,

Welcome to the group! You can also join our Facebook page to find details on upcoming rides and events.

Come on out and join us! :auto-sportbike:
-Kelly
Kelly
2011 GSX-R 750
2003 Ninja 250 (buh-bye!)
AMA #2787667
Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#5 Post by chiconaduc » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:50 am

Welcome Vivian Pumpkin! Marin/Sonoma roads are some of my favorites. Hope to meet you soon!
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

Motomom
CU Supporter

#6 Post by Motomom » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi There Bodacious :teasing-newbie: Babe WELCOME!! I'm already excited to meet you!!

As you can see, I am a Ninja 250 rider also. That's what I started on and moved up to the Gixxer 2ys ago, but just recently brought back my Lil Bonnie Blue. Man,the little 250"s are fun.

Hopefully we shall see you soon, until then... Rubber side down!!
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Harleygirl
CU Supporter

#7 Post by Harleygirl » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Welcome to the site Pumpkin!!

I'm in the Peninsula! Can't wait to meet you! You will have a blast with Curve Unit!!

MamaBear
CU Supporter

#8 Post by MamaBear » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:10 am

Welcome Pumpkin! Hope to ride with you soon

NinjaMama
Vice President

#9 Post by NinjaMama » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Welcome Pumpkin! This is a great group of girls to ride with. We do ride up the coast at least once or twice a year depending on who makes the plans. Stay in touch and catch one of our rides sometime. I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Hope to ride with you sometime soon.
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#10 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Well hello there Pumpkin! You've surely found the right crew to shoot the shit with about bikes, food, and of course wine, beer, and my favorite...Scotch. :obscene-drinkingcheers: We have riders of all skill levels, ages, colors, sizes, shapes, and craziness so you're in for a treat. :lol:
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!