Personality tests and resources - just out of curiosity :)

Totally random, non-moto related details

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

Personality tests and resources - just out of curiosity :)

#1 Post by HoneyBadger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 am

I'm sure several of you ladies have, on occasion, heard me start to babble on about personality types and such. I've included links to two tests - one that is for a MBTI (Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator) personality test that will give a 4-letter personality designation out of the 16 available (Jung theory is also heavily involved in this sort of test). The second test is a Jungian cognitive functions test.

If you're bored, or just curious, these can be a fun way to get to know a little bit about yourself or just entertain yourself for a bit. For some of us, this kind of information actually helps us relate to other people a little better.

As a side note before you get going, these tests are nothing more than a baseline or starting point. They are a little too flexible depending on one's mood, or where they are at at that point in their life. To really assess one's self, you kinda have to dig into personality theory a bit more and really understand the individual functions and how they all relate. SO, when you're taking the test, think of how you would react most of the time, have reacted most of the time. Do not answer to what you WISH you did. You have to be pretty honest with yourself which is sometimes the hardest part.

MBTI/16 Personality Types Quiz:
http://www.16typequiz.com/

Jungian Cognitive Functions Quiz:
http://www.cognitivequiz.com/

Have fun! There are no right or wrong answers here. Please, if you don't mind, share your results :)
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

Re: Personality tests and resources - just out of curiosity

#2 Post by HoneyBadger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:01 am

And since I brought it up, I'll go ahead and start...I already know these results are pretty accurate due to the other research I've done on the subject:

INTJ

Your first preference is toward introversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with your rich inner world. You tend to be reflective and contemplative. You likely prefer to have a few close friends instead of many acquaintances.

Your second preference is for intuition. Intuitives are interested in the more abstract side of life, concentrating less on specific details and more about meaning and patterns. Intuitives are naturally oriented toward concepts and can often make connections between complex sets of facts.

Your third preference is for thinking. Thinkers prefer to remain objective, concentrating more on facts than subjective factors in a situation. Thinking types are usually very analytical and logical thinking comes easily for them.

Your fourth preference is for judging. Judgers are structured and organized, preferring an orderly environment over disorganization. They are decisive planners who like bringing closure to projects. Judgers often feel comfortable with deadlines and can easily work within them.

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||||||||||||||||| 84.85%
Extroversion (E): |||| 15.15%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||| 68.29%
Sensation (S): |||||||| 31.71%

Thinking (T): ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%
Feeling (F): 0%

Judging (J): |||||||||||||||||||| 78.57%
Perceiving (P): ||||| 21.43%

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: INTP
or Second Possibility: INTJ
or Third Possibility: ENTJ

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ti - Ni - Te - Si - Ne - Se - Fe - Fi

Here are some quick descriptions of your functions, in order of preference:

The Introverted Thinking (Ti) function is used when an individual analyzes something, breaks it apart, and categorizes and defines its elements. This is the foundation of logical thinking. Ti is crucial in identifying logical inconsistencies and putting together logical arguments. Those with strong Ti usually have an ability to remain objective even when it may bother others.

The Introverted Intuition (Ni) function implicitly recognizes that one term can have multiple meanings, and allows the individual to disconnect themselves from the concept of 'objective truth'. This allows those with strong Ni to 'rewire' the connections that form a concept and test it from new and unique angles. This is why the Ni dominant types are often called analysts: they can pull apart an idea and test each individual piece to see how it changes the whole.

The Extroverted Thinking (Te) function imposes our own order on the world around us. Te structures the world in logical ways, ranging from the physical world (your desk, your office, etc) to concepts (creating 'flow charts' of ideas in your mind.)

The Introverted Sensation (Si) function compares past events with current events. Si is associated with vivid memory recall and a reliance on experiential learning. Those with strong Si often prefer to take a 'hands on approach'. On the other hand, those with weak Si often do not benefit from interacting in that way.

The Extroverted Intuition (Ne) function is oriented toward generating new possibilities. Ne is all about brainstorming - imagining a variety of possible outcomes and considering them all to be possibly true. Ne is associated with new ideas and innovative breakthroughs.

The Extroverted Sensation (Se) function is associated with a vivid perception of the world, taking into account details that others may miss. Se is about being closely tuned to the world around you, and that usually translates into following 'gut impulses' and taking great pleasure in physical action. Those with weak Se may sometimes feel 'disconnected' from the world around them.

The Extroverted Feeling (Fe) function is used when an individual acts in a considerate way to the feelings and beliefs of the people around them. Those with strong Fe can easily empathize with other people and is the most likely to be a 'people person.' Those with weak Fe may find themselves offending people unintentionally.

The Introverted Feeling (Fi) function attempts to find meaning in the world. In this sense, 'feeling' doesn't necessarily mean 'emotions' - it refers to the subjective and subtle sense of value within a situation. It is often associated with gut reactions about the fairness or goodness of an interaction. Those with strong Fi usually care less about objective facts and more about what's fair or right.

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.07
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.9
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.31
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||| 6.54
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||| 5.07
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||| 2.57
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||| -2.78
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||| -3.29

Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is low.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is low.

Another note that I forgot to post in the OP - we are born with our basic 4-letter designation personality type. That is basically telling us how our brain processes information, and it never really changes at the basic level. However, we can work on our weak functions, and what we actually DO with the information our brain processes can vary widely, and is best described through the Enneagram system of typing (a whole 'nuther thing to get into). One's Enneagram can change multiple times throughout their life depending on circumstances, person ambitions, tragedies, etc.

Someone who has worked on their weaker functions (mindfully or not) can often get very skewed results in tests such as these (or get mixed results like you see with mine).

I'm an INTJ, Enneagram 5w6. INTJ is the rarest personality type for a female (second rarest overall) I first learned about this stuff a little over a year ago, and found it not only interesting, but also rather useful. I got my mom into it a little bit, and it actually helped improve our relationship because we suddenly were able to see why we had such a different approach to things, and it allowed us to better understand where the other person was coming from (she's an INFJ - the rarest personality type overall, second rarest for women - and although we share 3 letters in common, our primary basis for processing the incoming information is very, very different. That one letter can completely change someone's outlook on things, which is part of why I find the whole thing so fascinating).

It's also helped me to understand myself, and get a better grasp on my strengths and weaknesses with a little less guess work involved.

LadyGadget

#3 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 am

Ok, I bit! Here's my results:

1. 16 Personality Type Test
Based on your answers, your personality type is most likely:
ENTJ

Your first preference is toward extroversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with other people. Other people are often energized by your presence as well, and you're usually seen as a 'people person'. You likely have a knack for persuading others.

Your second preference is for intuition. Intuitives are interested in the more abstract side of life, concentrating less on specific details and more about meaning and patterns. Intuitives are naturally oriented toward concepts and can often make connections between complex sets of facts.

Your third preference is for thinking. Thinkers prefer to remain objective, concentrating more on facts than subjective factors in a situation. Thinking types are usually very analytical and logical thinking comes easily for them.

Your fourth preference is for judging. Judgers are structured and organized, preferring an orderly environment over disorganization. They are decisive planners who like bringing closure to projects. Judgers often feel comfortable with deadlines and can easily work within them.

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||| 27.03%
Extroversion (E): |||||||||||||||||| 72.97%

Intuition (N): |||||||||||||| 55%
Sensation (S): ||||||||||| 45%

Thinking (T): ||||||||||||||||||| 74.07%
Feeling (F): |||||| 25.93%

Judging (J): ||||||||||||||||| 66.67%
Perceiving (P): |||||||| 33.33%

2. Jungian Cognitive Function Quiz

Most Likely: ESTP
or Second Possibility: ESFJ
or Third Possibility: ENTP

Se - Fe - Ne - Te - Ti - Si - Fi - Ni

Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.71
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.22
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.54
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.16
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.53
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||||||| 8.12
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||| 3.25
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||| 1.16

Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is low.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is poorly developed.

I'm not sure how accurate the results are because I'm trying to get over a nasty virus that has me out of sorts. Anyway....
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Hekele
CU Supporter

#4 Post by Hekele » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:58 pm

MBTI is a good one. I've done it a few years ago but I'll do it again, when I get a hold a computer.
Hekele(Heather)

LadyGadget

#5 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Frequency of Personality Types Share

Below are the estimated frequencies of each of the Jungian-based personality types (and of each temperament) by total population and by gender.
Protectors (SJ)
Population Male Female
ESTJ - Overseer 13% 16% 10%
ESFJ - Supporter 12% 7% 17%
ISTJ - Examiner 8.5% 10.5% 6.5%
ISFJ - Defender 7% 4% 10%
All SJs 40.5% 37.5% 43.5%

Intellectuals (NT)
Population Male Female
ENTJ - Chief 4% 5.5% 2.5%
ENTP - Originator 4.5% 6% 3%
INTJ - Strategist 1.5% 2.5% 0.5%
INTP - Engineer 2.5% 4% 1%
All NTs 12.5% 18% 7%

Creators (SP)
Population Male Female
ESTP - Persuader 10% 12.5% 7.5%
ESFP - Entertainer 11% 8% 14%
ISTP - Craftsman 6% 8.5% 3.5%
ISFP - Artist 6% 5% 7%
All SPs 33% 34% 32%

Visionaries (NF)
Population Male Female
ENFJ - Mentor 4% 2.5% 5.5%
ENFP - Advocate 7% 6% 8%
INFJ - Confidant 1% 0.5% 1.5%
INFP - Dreamer 2% 1.5% 2.5%
All NFs 14% 10.5% 17.5%
Note that these are estimates and are not necessarily correct.

From another source
ENTJ is one of the least common types in the population, and the rarest type among women (with INTJ). ENTJs make up:
2% of the general population
3% of men
1% of women

Read more: Portrait of the ENTJ Personality Type | PersonalityDesk
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

maygoddess

#6 Post by maygoddess » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:01 pm

okay...lunch time test taking:

ESTJ

Your first preference is toward extroversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with other people. Other people are often energized by your presence as well, and you're usually seen as a 'people person'. You likely have a knack for persuading others.

Your second preference is for sensation. Sensors are pragmatic, precise people who are very detail oriented. Instead of looking at the big picture first, Sensors concentrate on specifics. They highly value experience and often have an excellent memory.

Introversion (I): |||| 14.71%
Extroversion (E): ||||||||||||||||||||| 85.29%

Intuition (N): |||||||| 32.5%
Sensation (S): ||||||||||||||||| 67.5%

Thinking (T): |||||||||||||| 55.17%
Feeling (F): ||||||||||| 44.83%

Judging (J): ||||||||||||| 53.85%
Perceiving (P): |||||||||||| 46.15%

Jungian Test:

Most Likely: ESFJ
or Second Possibility: ENFP
or Third Possibility: ESFP

Fe - Ne - Se - Si - Ni - Fi - Te - Ti

Here are some quick descriptions of your functions, in order of preference:

The Extroverted Feeling (Fe) function is used when an individual acts in a considerate way to the feelings and beliefs of the people around them. Those with strong Fe can easily empathize with other people and is the most likely to be a 'people person.' Those with weak Fe may find themselves offending people unintentionally.

The Extroverted Intuition (Ne) function is oriented toward generating new possibilities. Ne is all about brainstorming - imagining a variety of possible outcomes and considering them all to be possibly true. Ne is associated with new ideas and innovative breakthroughs.

The Extroverted Sensation (Se) function is associated with a vivid perception of the world, taking into account details that others may miss. Se is about being closely tuned to the world around you, and that usually translates into following 'gut impulses' and taking great pleasure in physical action. Those with weak Se may sometimes feel 'disconnected' from the world around them.

The Introverted Sensation (Si) function compares past events with current events. Si is associated with vivid memory recall and a reliance on experiential learning. Those with strong Si often prefer to take a 'hands on approach'. On the other hand, those with weak Si often do not benefit from interacting in that way.

The Introverted Intuition (Ni) function implicitly recognizes that one term can have multiple meanings, and allows the individual to disconnect themselves from the concept of 'objective truth'. This allows those with strong Ni to 'rewire' the connections that form a concept and test it from new and unique angles. This is why the Ni dominant types are often called analysts: they can pull apart an idea and test each individual piece to see how it changes the whole.

The Introverted Feeling (Fi) function attempts to find meaning in the world. In this sense, 'feeling' doesn't necessarily mean 'emotions' - it refers to the subjective and subtle sense of value within a situation. It is often associated with gut reactions about the fairness or goodness of an interaction. Those with strong Fi usually care less about objective facts and more about what's fair or right.

The Extroverted Thinking (Te) function imposes our own order on the world around us. Te structures the world in logical ways, ranging from the physical world (your desk, your office, etc) to concepts (creating 'flow charts' of ideas in your mind.)

The Introverted Thinking (Ti) function is used when an individual analyzes something, breaks it apart, and categorizes and defines its elements. This is the foundation of logical thinking. Ti is crucial in identifying logical inconsistencies and putting together logical arguments. Those with strong Ti usually have an ability to remain objective even when it may bother others.

Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 13.14
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.23
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.8
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.54
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||| 7.06
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||| 6.7
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||| 5.01
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||| 3.53

Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is very developed.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is low.

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#7 Post by chiconaduc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Mine just said I should probably be committed...
The two tests gave me different results; the first one said ISTJ and the second one said ESFP.

The thing that rang the most true for me is that I have a very developed SI and Se:

Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#8 Post by HoneyBadger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:09 pm

chiconaduc wrote:Mine just said I should probably be committed...
The two tests gave me different results; the first one said ISTJ and the second one said ESFP.

The thing that rang the most true for me is that I have a very developed SI and Se:

This is where the learning about the functions and the differences between I/E, N/S, F/T, J/P come in. There are some shorten ways of approaching it that I've come up with, but finding things such as this^^ that you really relate to is key.