California Superbike School

Calling all twisty loving speed freaks! This is for our female racers & trackday junkies.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Dragonwomen

California Superbike School

#1 Post by Dragonwomen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:24 pm

April 15th i completed level 1 of the 4 levels of california superbike school at the strrets of willow springs track at willow springs. Thanks to my coach Lyle and classroom teacher Dylan i learned the technical aspects of cornering i had been executing with instinct. I have some new skills that will enable me to continue to improve cornering with my R3.

BigSky
Secretary

Re: California Superbike School

#2 Post by BigSky » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Hey Dragonwoman!!

Thanks for posting on the site. I LOVE CSS. They have helped me so much. One of my friends, Maggie, also took the class - and now she drags knee and she's waaaay faster than her husband. :lol:

Not sure if we've met yet. I didn't make it to the April ride but I'll be at the May 20th All Girls ride (to be posted).

-Jen
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

Fanny Fligurl
President

#3 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Welcome Dragonwoman! Care to share a real name with us and perhaps a photo so we can put a face with a name?
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Motomom
CU Supporter

#4 Post by Motomom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Heyyyyy Dragonwoman!! Welcome and so glad you posted up!! :teasing-newbie:

Yes, we would love it if you put something up in the Introduce Yourself section.

Would love even more to meet you at our next ride!!

From this post it sounds like you are one heck of a rider, or going to be if you keep going to the CSS. Good for you!!
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Dragonwomen

#5 Post by Dragonwomen » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Hey gals, thanks for the enthusiasm. I love big basin, i rode there many times on my honda 350 circa 1975-6. I hope to trailer my R3 up for the may 20th ride. Went on sunday ride with my local guy freinds today sanger to shaver and back, highway 168. CSS put another 10, 20 mph on my cornering... faster, safer.... i really hope to take another class next year.

Dragonwomen

#6 Post by Dragonwomen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Toned up and exhilerated after the li'l Dragon ride i returned to the California Super Bike school. This time i did cornerwork and rode for three days. What a great experience and oppprtunity, thanks to Bill McMarten of SoCal Cornerworkers. Willow springs is such a great cornering track, set of turns after set, like a roller coaster. My cornering improved tremendously, now my butt is pushing back, knee locked agaisnt the tank, the other out. I am in for this!!!! Thanks to Curve Unit for all your encouragement.

BigSky
Secretary

#7 Post by BigSky » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 am

Dragonwomen wrote:Toned up and exhilerated after the li'l Dragon ride i returned to the California Super Bike school. This time i did cornerwork and rode for three days. What a great experience and oppprtunity, thanks to Bill McMarten of SoCal Cornerworkers. Willow springs is such a great cornering track, set of turns after set, like a roller coaster. My cornering improved tremendously, now my butt is pushing back, knee locked agaisnt the tank, the other out. I am in for this!!!! Thanks to Curve Unit for all your encouragement.
Wow Michelle, that sounds AMAZING! I want to learn more. You did cornerwork for CSS and then they let you ride, too? How does it work?

Can't wait to see you again... in November? You're gonna kick my butt, I can already tell! :lol:
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

Motomom
CU Supporter

#8 Post by Motomom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:12 pm

That is fantastic Michelle!!

And it was so awesome seeing you on our ride!! :romance-kisscheek:

Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Dragonwomen

#9 Post by Dragonwomen » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 am

Lets see if this works.... You can apply for cornerworking on the socalcornerworkers web site. This is cornerworking for the CSS school and they like you to have taken their classes. Cornerwork a session, ride a session. I got a full day of track riding in every day i cornerworked. Very exciting to be a foot away from bikes going at speed and sticken the checkered flag in their field of view....