Motorcyclist dies in fiery crash on Highway 237 in Mountain

For the purpose of teaching others how to avoid them.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Post Reply
User avatar
Toothpick Ted
Posts: 3954
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: San Jose

Motorcyclist dies in fiery crash on Highway 237 in Mountain

#1 Post by Toothpick Ted » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:35 am

Motorcyclist dies in fiery crash on Highway 237 in Mountain View

By Lisa Fernandez
Mercury News
Article Launched: 09/12/2008 07:43:28 AM PDT

A motorcyclist died this morning in Mountain View after the rider apparently rear-ended a trailer truck carrying fertilizer, setting both vehicles on fire.
California Highway Patrol Officer A. Paulson said the collision at eastbound Highway 237 between El Camino Real and Highway 85 occurred around 6:05 a.m. All lanes will be blocked for an "extended" period of time, Paulson said.
Hazardous material cleanup crews were on scene to take care of the burning fertilizer. Nothing more was known on the cause of the accident or the identity of the motorcyclist.

User avatar
Posts: 7385
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:53 am
Location: San Leandro, CA

#2 Post by MistrissKittie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Medical examiner's office identifies motorcyclist
Bay City News Service
Article Launched: 09/13/2008 09:20:43 AM PDT

The Santa Clara County medical examiner's office has identified a 62-year-old Los Altos man as the victim of a fatal motorcycle collision Friday morning on eastbound state Highway 237 in Mountain View.

Bruce Mackenzie was riding a 2002 Harley Davidson that rear-ended a lawn maintenance truck carrying fertilizer and then burst into flames just east of southbound state Highway 85, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Mackenzie had apparently been traveling at a high rate of speed and attempted to pass the truck between the No. 1 and 2 lanes, but collided with its rear trailer and became wedged, according to the CHP. The driver of the truck, a 28-year-old man, was uninjured in the crash.

The collision was reported at about 6:05 a.m. Friday, and closed the two-lane eastbound highway for more than three hours, according to the CHP.

Post Reply