February ride - Redwood Road to Port Costa

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

NinjaMama
Emerita

February ride - Redwood Road to Port Costa

#1 Post by NinjaMama » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:27 pm

We haven't ridden Redwood Road for a couple of years so this should be fun. Although the road surfaces are pretty rough in spots and there's lots of pedestrians, parked cars, and bicycles along Skyline Blvd, the views are spectacular. So, keep your fingers crossed that we will get a nice clear sunny day to enjoy the scenery.

Date: February 14th
Meetup: 20560 Redwood Rd, Castro Valley - Baskin-Robbin's parking lot across the street from Peet's Coffee and Safeway
Time: 10:30 am
KSU: 11:00 am

Redwood Rd to Martinez-01.png
Redwood Rd to Martinez-01.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 350 times
Because of Covid 19, we're not planning on lunch at the end spot. Curve Unit members, prospects, and those women interested in attending a meeting will be given the details to attend our Zoom meeting. That will happen at 4:30 pm giving everyone time enough to get home, get something to eat and relax a bit before we get down to business.
Hope to see you all there.
S.
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Motomom
Emerita

Re: February ride - Redwood Road to Port Costa

#2 Post by Motomom » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:30 pm

One of my favorite rides and certainly the end spot of Port Costa.

You have fun and get ready at the March ride for this ‘ol girl to be riding with y’all ❤️
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Fanny Fligurl
President

#3 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:20 am

Yes! Haven't visited Port Costa in a minute!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

MissAlina

#4 Post by MissAlina » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:21 am

Hey ladies! I haven't seen you since the 2018 BBQ raffle. It's hard to believe it's been that long. Life has a way of keeping you busy. I still think about you all, for sure. I hope you and your families are well. :romance-heartbeating:

Anyway, about this ride: I'm just curious what COVID-19 precautions you all are taking on group rides during these scary times? I've seen a lot of riding groups posting photos of group hugs with no masks on and it makes me think I wouldn't feel safe with those groups at the moment. Just curious how safety-conscious you all are being? Definitely not an attack on anyone! I just would love to see you all and say hi again sometime. Until then, ride hard, ride safe, and I hope you're well!
:gay-rainbow:
Alina - She/Her
:character-ariel:
Current ride: '01 Honda Shadow 750 ACE (VT750CD2) - "Charlotte"
Previous rides: VN750A, VT750CD2 "Charlotte", VN1500E "Big Red", VN1500N "Vivienne"

Fanny Fligurl
President

#5 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:23 am

Hiiiiiii Alina! Long time, no talk and happy to hear from you!

To answer your safety question, we’ve certainly changed the way we navigate through uncertain times. We’ve tailored our audience a tad to control numbers, and we are all masked when off the bike. For January’s ride, we didn’t host lunch just to be cautious and considerate of those who are uncomfortable.

We’d love to have you, as riding is one of our saving graces for overall mental health and sense of camaraderie.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

NinjaMama
Emerita

#6 Post by NinjaMama » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:29 am

MissAlina wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:21 am
Hey ladies! I haven't seen you since the 2018 BBQ raffle. It's hard to believe it's been that long. Life has a way of keeping you busy. I still think about you all, for sure. I hope you and your families are well. :romance-heartbeating:

Anyway, about this ride: I'm just curious what COVID-19 precautions you all are taking on group rides during these scary times? I've seen a lot of riding groups posting photos of group hugs with no masks on and it makes me think I wouldn't feel safe with those groups at the moment. Just curious how safety-conscious you all are being? Definitely not an attack on anyone! I just would love to see you all and say hi again sometime. Until then, ride hard, ride safe, and I hope you're well!
How about, if you show up for our ride, we promise NOT to grab you and hug you or breath on you. We encourage everyone to observe social distancing guidelines and to wear a mask when you're not wearing your helmet. Even so, we can't make any guarantees for safety... even without Covid concerns. A few of our members are not attending because of worry over "at risk" family members or anxiety for their own health.
We'd love to see you too but we'll understand if you decide to play it safe.
Take care and be safe,
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

BigSky
Contributing Member

#7 Post by BigSky » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:14 pm

Hiiiii Alinaaaaaaa! Great to hear from you. Hope you are well. xo
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

Motomom
Emerita

#8 Post by Motomom » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Omg.... ALINA!! Girl, I cannot believe it has been that long!! I won’t be at this ride but I will continue to keep up with you on IG 💜
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

MissAlina

#9 Post by MissAlina » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:56 pm

NinjaMama wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:29 am
MissAlina wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:21 am

How about, if you show up for our ride, we promise NOT to grab you and hug you or breath on you. We encourage everyone to observe social distancing guidelines and to wear a mask when you're not wearing your helmet. Even so, we can't make any guarantees for safety... even without Covid concerns. A few of our members are not attending because of worry over "at risk" family members or anxiety for their own health.
We'd love to see you too but we'll understand if you decide to play it safe.
Take care and be safe,
Sabrina
That was a very clear answer. Thank you so much, Sabrina! And thank you, too, Amy! :banana-rock:
Alina - She/Her
Previous rides: VN750A, VT750CD2 "Charlotte", VN1500E "Big Red", VN1500N "Vivienne"

MissAlina

#10 Post by MissAlina » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:01 pm

BigSky wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:14 pm
Hiiiii Alinaaaaaaa! Great to hear from you. Hope you are well. xo
It's good to talk to you, too. I'm doing pretty well. I hope you are, too.
Alina - She/Her

MissAlina

#11 Post by MissAlina » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Motomom wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Omg.... ALINA!! Girl, I cannot believe it has been that long!! I won’t be at this ride but I will continue to keep up with you on IG 💜
I have loved our back-and-forth on IG. It's nice to stay in touch. I'm definitely itching to get back on the roads more now that I have a bike again (actually, I bought my old bike back. 😊). I'm sure I will see you soon enough! 🤗
Alina - She/Her